Subject: Bum6/screen problem
From: Martin Kift <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 1994 11:50:01 GMT0BST

Hi all,

Up until now, I've been using the deflibs file that came with bum6 
with no probs whatsoever. However, last weekend I decided to add some 
more libs to my blitzlist userlib directory. After recompiling the 
deflibs, I hit on a problem.

When running any blitz program (either old slice based or display lib 
based), on my system which runs in hires, the blitz programs fail to 
open a pal lowres screen properly (they mode promote when they 
shouldn't). However, if I copy the bum6 deflibs back, all programs 
work fine.

I checked that all the blitzlibs files are present and correct, and 
nothing seems to be missing. Any ideas why this is happening? I even 
took out the userlibs files I added, recompiled the deflibs 
(resulting in a file approximately the same size as the bum6 
version), and it still didn't work.

Its not serious, I just run WB in lowres when working on my game, 
but I'm interested in why its happening. 

Bye for now lads 8)

P.S. for all those still using slices, move over to the new 
displaylibs, they are great 8)

+---------------------------------+---------------------------------------+
| Martin Kift                     |   Software developer (C/C++/OWL/MFC)  |
| Email: [email-masked]   |   Procede Software Ltd., UK.          |
+---------------------------------+---------------------------------------+